Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Krazed Korean Kills 33

No, its not Kim Jung-il (I was surprised too)

It was Virginia Tech shooter Cho Sueng-Hui, who was admitted to a hospital for treatment of mental illness in 2005 because he was "an imminent danger to himself," according to court documents. (See at cnn.com)

Of course, why authories didn't respond in an attempt to protect students for two hours after the first shooting seems like bad business. If students die, universities can't get their tuition checks. Plus one has to wonder what the Virgina Tech Dean was doing for those hours.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20, and in hindsight there were plenty of warning signs that this Sueng-Hui was teetering on the edge. The only thing that seems to be missing was a picture of him wearing a sign plastered to his forehead saying "The Chemical imbalance in my brain makes me CrAzY!"

Nikki Giovanni, one of the gunman's professors stated, "I know we're talking about a troubled youngster and crap like that, but troubled youngsters get drunk and jump off buildings; troubled youngsters drink and drive," Giovanni said. "I've taught troubled youngsters. I've taught crazy people. It was the meanness that bothered me. It was a really mean streak."

Hmm..mean... Noteably, Giovanni is an English professor, not a Psychologist.
That must be a whole to new level to "mean" to shoot people. Lets just call a duck a duck; the guy was insane.

On a more personal note, my condolences to those that lost someone due to this senseless violence.

No comments: